M+R is seeking a strong, hard-working and motivated candidate to join our LA team as a Communications & Advocacy Intern, which will consist of communications and social media duties. This position is paid and may be full or part-time.
- Assist with writing, proofreading, copying, and distributing press materials (press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, follow-up letters, etc.)
- Research various media outlets for story angles and placement ideas
- Build and maintain media lists for various client projects
- Provide communications and social media support to integrated issue campaigns, as well as assist with online and offline grassroots and grasstops campaigns
- Assist with overarching field and political strategies at the federal and state levels
- Support social media community building and management through implementing M+R’s best practices for real-time content creation, advertising, and promoted posts, as well as compiling analytics reports
- Assist with the development of new business research
- Compile and record clips of client’s media coverage
- Assist client teams with various day-to-day account operation
- Other duties as assigned
Hey! Are you the one we’re looking for?
- Currently a student or recent college graduate
- Proficiency in Lexis-Nexis, THOMAS, and other online searchable databases
- Experience with media contact databases, such as Cision, and organizing tools, like Salsa
- Experience with managing online communities through social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, as well as Facebook’s Insights
- Fluency in basic aspects of policy and understanding of the legislative process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Previous internship experience preferred
The Fine Print:
The position is in our Los Angeles office, located in DTLA’s Arts District: 1275 East 6th St., Los Angeles, CA
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.
Pay is available. Interested applicants should submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line “Fall Communications & Advocacy Intern.” Please indicate whether or not you would be available for full or part-time work (if part-time note the specific days/times you are available). No calls, please. Please see www.mrss.com for more background on our firm.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits and foundations achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.