Hey! Are you the one we’re looking for?
We’re looking for an ace advertising strategist to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business. When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
Work that is awesome. We are serious about working with clients who are changing the world and alleviating suffering. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, and pretty cool people who get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
A critical, fearless approach. Every day we say and do the things that must be said and done, even if the consequences aren’t exactly a barrel of laughs.
Creativity that just won’t quit. We want you to bring your wacky self to work every day. Not just because it’s fun, but because the craziest idea just might be the thing that works.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA, Sierra Club, etc. Cultural organizations we love, like the Smithsonian and Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam.
Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no crazy idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities to drive online fundraising and advocacy goals and recruit new activists and donors, using both tried and true and cutting edge online advertising technologies. As our Digital Media Strategist, here’s what else you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Develop smart digital advertising plans to meet fundraising, advocacy, and lead generation goals.
- Drive client strategy and advertising planning meetings. Confidently present ideas and results to clients.
- Play a role in acquiring new business by assisting with proposals and pitches.
- Oversee digital media managers to implement and manage digital advertising campaigns across our clients. This includes display/retargeting, video, mobile, SEM, email marketing, and Facebook advertising.
- Provide guidance to graphic designers and client teams on effective creative.
- Negotiate terms with advertising venues, review and finalize contracts, approve invoices.
- Review and monitor media buys – making recommendations for adjustments to optimize results.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance – review reports and produce analysis and recommendations on campaigns.
- Research new advertising venues and stay abreast of online advertising trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Consistently use findings to inform best practices and train staff.
And then there’s you. You…
- Have 5+ years of digital advertising experience.
- Have worked with platforms such as Doubleclick, Google’s Bid Manager, Adwords, Mediamath, Turn, X+1, AdRoll. You’re not afraid to investigate new technology or platforms – and have done so in the past.
- You are eager to lead a team on a large account and act as the person who will drive the strategy forward as well as manage all client communications.
- Are results-driven! You are the person who will drive advertising programs to meet their goals.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty in ads tools or with data– you can make your way around ads platforms to review or do occasional set-up when needed. You can dig in to Google Analytics and create pivot tables with ease and interpret the results.
- Are excited at the prospect of helping amazing organizations figure out how to use their resources to find the right supporters for their cause.
- Are a true believer. You want to change the world. You are hopeful and helpful and ready to keep your boots on the ground and eye on the prize.
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, and understand how to work in a team
- Are not afraid to speak your mind – you continually suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ideas or processes.
Salary, Benefits, and Some Perks
We offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation to start, as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as a free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative campaign ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
- 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
- 1901 L St., NW, Washington, DC
- 100 Bush St. San Francisco, CA
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for us to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Media Strategist” and your preferred location. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.