Hey! Are you the one we’re looking for?
We’re looking for an ace graphic designer to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business. When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
Work that is awesome. We are serious about working with clients who are changing the world and alleviating suffering. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, and pretty cool people who get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
A critical, fearless approach. Every day we say and do the things that must be said and done, even if the consequences aren’t exactly a barrel of laughs.
Creativity that just won’t quit. We want you to bring your wacky self to work every day. Not just because it’s fun, but because the craziest idea just might be the thing that works.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA, Sierra Club, etc. Cultural organizations we love, like the Smithsonian and Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam.
Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities to drive online fundraising and advocacy goals and recruit new activists and donors, using both tried and true and cutting edge online advertising technologies. Clean, compelling, user-centered design is the lynchpin of our strategy.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Inspiring engagement and participation through the design of banner ads, social ads (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and landing pages as well as other graphic components in websites, emails, social media, and other digital communications.
- Producing content using design/layout applications.
- Applying a strong understanding of interactive best practices and creating positive and effective user experiences–including visual design, usability, and information architecture and technology standards–to all initiatives.
- Managing lots of projects. You’ll be working with account teams to provide estimates for deliverables and executing those projects on time and in a way that keeps the account team in the loop.
- Staying abreast of usability standards, digital design developments, and internal testing results and using these to inform your work and educate other staff.
And then here’s what you have:
- An outstanding online portfolio of web design and production experience, and a solid design background.
- Experience with design for digital advertising, preferably in an agency setting.
- Experience with HTML5 design. Google Web Designer strongly preferred and Doubleclick Studio experience is an added bonus.
- General knowledge of web development processes and a strong understanding of UX and responsive design.
- An eye for typography, color, layout, and pixel-perfect design.
- The ability to execute diverse design styles. You can deliver 2-3 different concepts for a project in a pinch without breaking (much of) a sweat.
- Demonstrated dependability. You do not drop the ball and are able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Salary, Benefits, and Some Perks
One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
- 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
- 1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
- 100 Bush St., San Francisco, CA
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for us to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Designer” and your preferred city. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.