We had a blast at last year’s NTEN’s Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) – and we also learned a lot!
One of the things that makes NTEN’s annual conference so great is the (partially) democratic process: As a community, nonprofit techies get to decide which sessions will be most valuable – as long as they’re speedy enough to get their votes in before the September 7th deadline.
We’d like to officially put in a plug for one session that promises to go down in the history books. Even if you’ve never been to a conference session with one of our fearless leaders, Sarah and Madeline, you’ve probably heard the tales… (Homemade sangria and comfy chairs, anyone?) For nearly a year, Sarah and Madeline have been scheming about what they’d do at their joint NTC debut. Today, we humbly request your voting assistance in helping make this dream a reality:
- Last year, two of the most badass broads in the online biz, Sarah DiJulio of M+R and Madeline Stanionis of Watershed, joined forces in a “merge made in heaven.” Every single day, their combined companies are responsible for communicating with millions of people, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars, and running sophisticated, inspiring, and successful campaigns. In this session, these two experts will put all that experience to work for you by tackling your trickiest online strategy challenges with trademark honesty, wisdom, wit, and, of course, delightful beverages – all in seven minute increments. Watch, listen, learn and laugh – or throw your cause’s problems into the mix by tweeting with the hashtag #7heavenNTC with an uber-brief description of your problem or goal.
Yes, you read that right: “delightful beverages.” Need we say more? (OK, fine, here’s more: Tailored solutions for your organization’s unique challenges, born of decades of combined experience, and a chance to see firsthand why the country’s leading non-profits hire M+R and Watershed.)
If that sounds like your cup of (Long Island Iced) tea, then vote this session up!
And check out these other great sessions (and please vote them up if you’re interested in seeing them at the conference!), some from M+R and some from our clients:
- 2013 eNonprofit Benchmarks – Every year, we work with NTEN to publish the industry standard in nonprofit online benchmarks. Don’t miss the chance to go through the report in depth!
- 60 tests in 60 minutes! – Exactly what it sounds like. Rapid-fire knowledge from top groups like HRC, U.S. Fund for UNICEF, PPFA, AARP, Oxfam America, Wildlife Conservation Society, American Red Cross, Humane Society, and more.
- Litmus test: How to curate your online advocacy for better results – Learn how Oxfam has developed a plan to send the right action alerts to the right people and to keep their fundraising program afloat – and how you can do it, too.
- Multichannel Mythbusters – Which multichannel tactics work and which are nice-but-not-quite-worth-it? We’ll show you, with real-world results.
- How to Do a List Swap Online (Without Violating the CAN-SPAM Act, Ticking Off Your Supporters, Or Killing Your Deliverability – No Pressure!) – Learn how to run an email cross-promotion, then watch as the free names come rolling in.
- Extreme Makeover: Email Lede Edition – From the people that brought you Storytelling and the Art of Email Writing comes a new four-part framework for writing. You won’t want to miss this chance to learn from the experts AND have them workshop your copy.
- I could be your next monthly donor. So call me, maybe? Doctors Without Borders knows how to woo potential monthly donors – and they’re ready to share their secrets with both experienced fundraisers and rookies in the world of online sustainers.