Hi, I’m a typical email subscriber on your list. You know, the one you’ve been bombarding with advocacy alerts every other day for the last forever? I’m sorry I haven’t responded to any of your messages, but I gotta say, that’s not going to change unless you do something. Don’t get me wrong, I like your organization – that’s why I signed up to get your emails in the first place! But now you send me SO MANY emails, and SO MANY of them just don’t seem interesting or relevant to me. The thing is, I’m really busy and I don’t have a ton of time to take action – so unless you’re ready to listen and take my feelings into account, I think maybe we should spend some time apart.
Does this sound like one of your email subscribers? Even if you don’t recognize it, this is how a lot of them might feel. So what do you do about it? You take a lesson from Oxfam America.
Megan Weintraub, New Media Manager at Oxfam America, is ready to share their segmentation strategy and demonstrate how it can help your organization – all you have to do is vote for her session at NTEN’s 2013 NTC. If her session gets picked, she’ll pass on her wise words to help ensure that you’re sending the best advocacy messages to your full list while still accomplishing all your internal goals.
- How to use your most engaged activists to determine future success of messages
- How to use data – not just educated guesses! – to tailor your advocacy program
- How to determine audiences and timing for action alerts, including how to balance advocacy and fundraising in a single messaging stream (yes, it can be done!)
Are you intrigued yet? I’m really excited about this session, and Megan can’t wait to share her secrets with you. So head on over to the NTC website to vote for Megan’s session.
While you’re there, check out and vote up other sessions. Here are some of our favorites:
- 2013 eNonprofit Benchmarks – Every year, we work with NTEN to publish the industry standard in nonprofit online benchmarks. Don’t miss the chance to go through the report in depth!
- 60 tests in 60 minutes! – Exactly what it sounds like. Rapid-fire knowledge from top groups like HRC, U.S. Fund for UNICEF, PPFA, AARP, Oxfam America, Wildlife Conservation Society, American Red Cross, Humane Society, and more.
- 7 minutes in heaven with Madeline and Sarah – Two industry experts will tackle YOUR specific challenges – 7 minutes at a time. Oh, and there will be cocktails.
- Multichannel Mythbusters – Which multichannel tactics work and which are nice-but-not-quite-worth-it? We’ll show you, with real-world results.
- How to Do a List Swap Online (Without Violating the CAN-SPAM Act, Ticking Off Your Supporters, Or Killing Your Deliverability – No Pressure!) – Learn how to run an email cross-promotion, then watch as the free names come rolling in.
- Extreme Makeover: Email Lede Edition – From the people that brought you Storytelling and the Art of Email Writing comes a new four-part framework for writing. You won’t want to miss this chance to learn from the experts AND have them workshop your copy.
- I could be your next monthly donor. So call me, maybe? Doctors Without Borders knows how to woo potential monthly donors – and they’re ready to share their secrets with both experienced fundraisers and rookies in the world of online sustainers.