Hey! Are you the one we’re looking for?
M+R is looking for an Account Coordinator to join our Communications & Advocacy division.
The right person for this job will have approximately 6 months to one year of demonstrated experience in media relations, preferably with some agency and/or advocacy campaign experience. We need a communications know-it-all who considers him or herself a rock star when it comes to advancing clients and causes across online and offline channels.
As an Account Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day account administration and media implementation for M+R nonprofit and foundation clients like American Lung Association, Humanity United, Lutheran World Relief, Smart Growth America, MacArthur Foundation, Rockefeller Family Fund, and TransitCenter.
- Have 6 months to one year of professional earned media and communications experience (internships or full-time employment).
- Experience writing basic PR materials (press releases, media advisories) and performing basic PR tasks (media lists, media monitoring).
- Are an avid follower of the news and have a strong understanding of how the press operates.
- Can articulate your ideas both in writing and in meeting presentation.
- Are a collaborative team player who takes (and gives) feedback constructively.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Are self-motivated, highly organized, and personable. Actually, you’re kind of awesome and amazing.
- Care about human rights, the environment, justice, education, and other important causes as much as we do.
- Provide support with account administration, including making sure agendas are done and circulated, notes are taken and distributed in a timely manner, and weekly/monthly wrap-up reports are accurately completed.
- Serve in a media implementation role on accounts, and contribute to earned media strategies and campaigns.
- Contribute to weekly client calls with earned media and other outreach updates, and participate in client presentations as appropriate.
- Produce effective content for earned media outreach, including top-notch writing (e.g., media materials, such as press releases, op-eds, and creative social content).
- Contribute to the development of earned media best practices for the team. Stay abreast of new trends and use that knowledge to inform your work and educate other staff.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
We offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
The Fine Print:
You can work from one of the following M+R offices:
- 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
- 1901 L St., NW, Washington, DC
- 1275 East 6th Street, Los Angeles, CA
- 100 Bush Street, San Francisco, CA
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, portfolio, and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for us to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Account Coordinator.”
No calls, please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits and foundations achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.